Friday, July 10, 2009

It's Never Too Late...


In light of so many celebrities and non-celebrities who have passed away recently I wonder what people will remember most about them when they reflect back on their lives. Do their good deeds, charity, talents, and compassion outweigh any negative they may be attributed to them? In life we all go through different stages. At times we may be happy, giving, loving, loyal and at other times not so much. When I think about the legacy that I will leave behind I want it to be one where my good far outweighs my bad. No one is perfect, we are all faced with trials and tribulations in this life, and in spite of it all, we all have the ability to decide how much we are willing to love, to care, and to give. I must admit I haven't always been the most positive person. I’ve had rough patches, been sad, and down, and unfortunately that may have been reflected in the way I treated or was seen by others. Knowing this about myself I have made a sincere effort to make personal changes..changes for the better, because when it's all said and done, I want to be known as someone who gave to others in whatever way possible, not someone who depleted their happiness with my issues (yes! this can happen). So I choose to live life to the fullest, helping myself and others along the way. I personally believe that it's never too late to make a change, to make a difference, to think positive rather than negative, to give instead of take...

So how will you be remembered..

I will leave you with a quote from a movie that I watched recently that really gave me something to think about when I heard it, I hope it does the same for you.. "I hope that you've lived a life that you're proud of and if not that you have the strength to start over"....

It's Never Too Late..

No comments: